Monday, November 25, 2013

Portugal Photo Journal - Part 5: Fall Delights

Autumn is by far my favorite season, whether I'm in California, Washingon, Wisconsin, or, as I've recently verified, Portugal.  Here are a few ways I've been enjoying the change...

A Thanksgiving-style heap of food!  Pot pie, garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing, brussel sprouts, and salad with dried cranberries and pomegranate, with a homebrewed dark IPA to wash it all down!  Yum. 


Chestnuts, roasted to sweet perfection by street vendors!  So good. 
Ah, the filtered light of autumn...
While strolling around Cascais, we happened upon some of the most entertaining lawnmowers that you could hope to find. 

'Tis a great time for the smell and taste of roasted barley!  Here is my first taste of homebrew in Portugal. 




I added smoked french oak chips to my first batch. 

A fun new toy!  My first grain grinder. 




1 comment:

  1. holy cow that all looks awesome. you guys know how to LIVE! damn, those CHESTNUTS!

    ReplyDelete